DARK CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY FUDGE BANANA BREAD
By Nourishing Amy
Banana Bread -
- 120ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 bananas (300g)
- 70g coconut sugar
- 120ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g + 1 tsp plain flour or GF plain flour
- 40g cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 150g raspberries
- 80g Fabalous Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread
- 80g raspberries
- 75g vegan butter
- 250g icing sugar
To decorate -
- Chocolate Raspberry Kisses
- Melted chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the milk and lemon juice and leave to curdle for 5 minutes. Now mash the banana and add to the bowl along with the sugar, oil and vanilla essence.
- Stir together most of the raspberries (save 5-6 for the top) with 1 tsp flour and toss.
- Sift in the flour, cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda and add in the salt. Whisk to a smooth batter and fold in the raspberries.
- Pour half the batter into the tin. Drop on teaspoons of the chocolate spread (use half of it) and top with the rest of the batter. Spoon over the rest of the chocolate spread and the raspberries. Drag a knife through the chocolate spread to make swirls on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean (apart from the chocolate spread parts) and cover with tin foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully in the tin on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting by first blitzing the raspberries until really smooth and strain through a sieve if necessary. Now beat the butter until soft then add in 2 tbsp of the raspberry puree and gradually add in the icing sugar and continue to mix util creamy and light. Add more puree as needed.
- Spread the frosting all over the cooled banana bread and top with the Chocolate Raspberry kisses and any other toppings.
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY KISSES (VEGAN GF)
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g chocolate spread or chocolate almond butter
- 6 raspberries, halved
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Line a tin or plate with 12 mini cupcake cases and place in a spoon of melted chocolate, spreading it up the sides slightly. Freeze for 10 minutes to set.
- Place on some of the chocolate spread or chocolate nut butter and half a raspberry. Cover with the remaining chocolate and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.