CHOCOLATE ORANGE FILLED DONUTS
BY NORISHING AMY
- 2.03 fl oz plant-based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2.03 fl oz sunflower oil
- 2.71 fl oz maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 3/4 cups plain or GF plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp Fabalous Orange Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread
- 3-4 tbsp Fabalous Orange Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180°C and lightly grease 8 donut holes (a silicone mould is easiest).
- Add the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) to a mixing bowl and leave for 5 minutes. Now whisk in the sunflower oil, maple syrup, vanilla essence and orange zest.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and add the salt and whisk to a smooth batter. Transfer to a piping bag and snip off the end to make a medium-sized opening.
- Put the 2-3 tbsp of Fabalous Orange Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread into a second piping bag and snip off the end to make a small opening.
- Pipe half of the batter into the 8 donut holes and pipe a ring of chocolate spread in the centre. Top with the remaining batter and make sure the chocolate is sealed in.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until puffed up and golden. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool fully before removing from the moulds.
- Spread the donuts with the Fabalous Orange Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread and top with sprinkles. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 3-5 days. Un-frosted donuts will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to de-frost and spread with the Fabalous Orange Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread to serve.