NO-YEAST CHOCOLATE SWIRL BUNS
BY NOURISHING AMY
- 240ml plant-based milk
- 40g + 20g vegan butter
- 350-375g self-raising flour, plus extra to dust
- 20g caster/coconut sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 120g + 100g Fabalous Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and grease 10 muffin holes in a tray.
- Add the milk and 40g butter to a small saucepan and slowly melt the butter, do not let the mix boil. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir together the self-raising flour (start with 350g) and sugar with a pinch of salt. Now pour in the milk-butter mix and bring to a rough dough. Add more flour if it is very wet.
- Tip onto a floured surface and knead for 1 minute to reach a smooth consistency.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface to about 40cm x 30cm and then cover with the 120g Organic Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread. Spread the chocolate thinly and leave a small gap around the edge.
- Use the longer edge and roll the dough up into a log and press down lightly to seal in the edge. Trim off the edges and then carefully slice into 10 equal rolls.
- Place each roll swirl-side up in the muffin tray (one roll per hole). Melt the 20g vegan butter and brush all over the rolls.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Leave for a couple of minutes then remove from the muffin tray. Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes (or enjoy warm) and spread with the extra 100g Fabalous Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread. Top with chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container for 1-2 days although they are best eaten the same day. Un-frosted, these buns will last up to 1 month in the freezer, and allow to de-frost before spreading with the Fabalous Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread on top.